The IKSA was formed in October 2004 by James Phelan, Alexis Ledoux, Oisin Ryan, Conor Lillis and Kieran Sammon.
We are a representative body for kite surfing in Ireland, a community of like minded individuals who share a passion and interest in what we do to unwind and enjoy ourselves, and people who are interested in supporting, developing and growing the sport and its many disciplines in this country - as well as supporting and developing a presence on an international level.
We're a non profit, run by volunteers, who are trying to promote the sport and make it safe for everyone. Read about our objectives and the people currently involved in the running of the association.
To promote safe and responsible kite surfing in Ireland.
Our mission is to encourage communication, safety, accessibility and responsibility among the Irish kite surfing community by:
- negotiating appropriate insurance terms on behalf or our members
- hosting a national championship event tour
- encouraging participation in kite surfing clinics.
- Promote safe kitesurfing practices.
- Maintain beach access for Ireland's kitesurfers.
- Promote kitesurfing with members of the public.
- Monitor standards of IKSA kitesurfing schools and instructors.
- Educate the public in respect to kitesurfing and saftey around kites.
- Forge links with National and International Bodies.
Irish Kitesurfing Information.
Garden Lodge, Stameen, Drogheda,
Registered in Republic of Ireland 486453.
Registered office: Garden Lodge, Stameen, Drogheda, Co. Louth