× So your up and riding, keeping an upwind egde, managing turns... on to some trickery maybe?

Kiting Tips and Tricks you'd like to share with others or questions you have about some tricks and struggling to land them.

Loops

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #183 by Mícheál Mullarkey
Mícheál Mullarkey created the topic: Loops
Hey folks,

So, I got spanked pretty hard on the weekend trying some kiteloops, but they're great fun and I even landed a few. Obviously they're there for the crazy/suicidal among us, but I'm keen to start using them as a more stylish way to land off a jump or transition.

For the few less crazy ones I managed, I looped after the apex of the jump with the kite high. I was looping backwards throughout. Do downloops work as well here? I've only ever used those on surface transitions. Any considerations for downloops versus kiteloops (backwards)?

Does anyone here loop regularly as part of their riding (without it being the core part of a trick move)? Where do you work them in? I regularly see vids where the pros loop the kite after they done some other insane move - it looks slick and obviously has utility. Just looking for some inspiration and opportunity on when to throw them without it being a suicide move
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Bryan Pelly.
  • Mícheál Mullarkey
More
2 years 6 months ago #184 by Bryan Pelly
Bryan Pelly replied the topic: Loops
I like Loop the loops... that's all I have on this topic :lol:

Bryan
I am your master... your IKSA Webmaster
Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Bryan Pelly
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • I am a Space Copter Kid
More
2 years 5 months ago #193 by Anonymous
Anonymous replied the topic: Loops
Lots of people use kiteloops as a way of landing softer because as you come down from a jump your kite should be riding after the loop and it catches you and gives you a smith gentle landing in theory anyway. 2 tips for you 1 start with small jumps and loop early 2 once you start the loop always commit to it, if you don't keep pooling the bar the kite turns slower therefore you get a much bigger loop and end up spanked!! Good luck try kite loop back rolls great fun and surprisingly easy
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #243 by Bryan Pelly
Might be something worthwhile in here Micheál

Bryan
Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Bryan Pelly.
  • Bryan Pelly
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 5 months ago #244 by Mícheál Mullarkey
Mícheál Mullarkey replied the topic: Loops
These are excellent videos. Cheers Bryan.
  • Mícheál Mullarkey
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #250 by Bryan Pelly
Here's a wudder one

Bryan
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Bryan Pelly.
  • Bryan Pelly
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More