× Have an impartial, non-pimping, non-slamming review of some new kites, boards, boots, wetsuits, cameras (the list goes on!).
Share your experience with the community or if you're thinking of splashing some cash - ask for advise or feedback here before parting with some "green"

New Board Advice

2 years 5 months ago #203 by Brian Daly
Brian Daly created the topic: New Board Advice
Hey Just a quick one looking for some advise on what makes a good board for kitting in Dublin, I have a 142X42 Best Spark which doesn't seem to handle chop that well looking to get a slightly smaller intermediate board and hang on to the 142 for the lighter wind days. Any one have any recommendations ?? Cheers !

Envy 12M &9M
Best Spark
More
2 years 5 months ago #205 by Richie Ryan
Richie Ryan replied the topic: New Board Advice
Hey Brian . .142x42 does seem a little on the large side (unless of course you are of a larger size build) . . I actually started on a 141 and found it great for getting going. . . But as I progressed . . the board seemed to be stuck at waterstart .. . .having said that . . It was great for light wind days . . So definitely worth holding on to . . I've done a little research in the area of best boards for chip . . And I'd imagine Shinn Monk will feature very high in most responses . . Had a demo once and have to agree . . Felt amazing . . I'd recommend that you get a demo of possible . .and with a couple of different sizes . . It can make a big difference . . I now have a Nobile T5 137 for lighter days and a Raptor Pro 131 which only comes alive when I'm really well powered . So in hindsight should have got something a little bigger. .closer to 134 I'd imagine . . Also when comparing board sizes . . Factor in the width. . .as a very small change here has a much greater effect on the overall surface area . .
Hope this info helps
Happy surfing!
Richie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Daly
More
2 years 5 months ago #215 by Derek Skehan
Derek Skehan replied the topic: New Board Advice
Hi Brian. I started with a Best Spark Plug and felt I wasn't progressing. Picked up a Xenon Laluz at a pretty reduced price in Pure Magic as it was last years board. Can't believe the difference. Riding much better now. Not that the Best Spark was crap, it was great for starting out on.

Best of luck, happy kiting!

www.xenonboards.com/en/boards/laluz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Daly
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #219 by Brian Daly
Brian Daly replied the topic: New Board Advice
Cheers for the advice lads gonna be looking for some thing around 138 i recon I'm at the stage where i can bankroll and jump just feel like the board is holding me back a little its very soft but great for the light wind days. Looks like a demo is the only way to go if theres any more recommendations keep em coming will be a month or two before I can afford to get one, also has any one tried the 2014 liquid force influence?

Envy 12M &9M
Best Spark
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Brian Daly.
More