The IKSA was formed in October 2004 by James Phelan, Alexis Ledoux, Oisin Ryan, Conor Lillis and Kieran Sammon. Read about our objectives and the people currently involved in the running of the association. We're a non profit, run by volunteers, who are trying to promote the sport and make it safe for everyone.
To promote safe and responsible kite surfing in Ireland.
Our mission is to encourage communication, safety, accessibility and responsibility among the Irish kite surfing community by :
- negotiating appropriate insurance terms on behalf or our members
- hosting a national championship event tour
- encouraging participation in kite surfing clinics.
- Promote safe kitesurfing practices.
- Maintain beach access for Irelands kitesurfers.
- Promote kitesurfing to members of the public.
- Monitor standards of IKSA kitesurfing instructors.
- Educate the public.
- Forge links with National and International Bodies.
Irish Kitesurfing Association Ltd.
Garden lodge, Stameen Drogheda,
Registered in Republic of Ireland 486453.
Registered office: Garden Lodge, Stameen, Drogheda, Co. Louth